Wednesday, August 13, 2014

10 Popular Phrases/ Advises that MEAN differently to ME- Part 1.


1.      Do not air your dirty linen in public; I ask, so please be honest when you answer. What makes your ‘content’ dirty? Who considers it dirty to begin with? As always, I like to use myself as a 'scapegoat'- not literally though. When one blogs about their personal experiences, it easier for them to talk about their lives without ever batting an eye. That way their readers find their posts relatable. One example is, reading through my full profile, you may find that I just openly “confessed’ about my Hello Kitty collections. While some may find this odd that a 29 year old is gushing about her demons, thus consider this   secrets or dirty laundry. In reality, I swear, I feel like I’m the healthiest when I open up.

2.      Like Father, like son; this phrase or advise (if you will) mean differently to me than it means to other people. Here is why. It embodies both a negative as well as positive meaning. If a man is successful, and his son is seen going towards that lane, it makes it easier to make such assumptions. It is negative because I know of a family, whose head deserves an award for philandering…. I may be going on hear say as I’ve never caught him red- handed. Lol. When I was going to find out about his son, I was told that his son was no way near his father. That he was a good boy. It didn’t even take me long to discover that the opposite holds true. He was nasty. He was a hard core cheat. And he lied too. Check that!
 
3.      The Grass is not always greener on the other side; I can’t tell you guys how many times I have heard this phrase. This phrase is for people contemplating a job change, or are always “shooting Nigeria down” by accusing the government for any misfortune..For me, once I listened to Justin Bieber' s song (As long as you love me), I want to believe that the phrase should be ‘the grass is always greener where you choose to water it. Simply put, I will expect as much as I must have invested into. Simple?

4.      Early to bed, early to rise; I love my bed… Sometimes, I sleep way too early than my tot whom we share the same bed. (That is bad ehn). Anyhoo, I’d like to say that it doesn’t always mean that if you go to bed early, you always almost most wake up early. For me, the opposite is always the case. Let’s just go over my routine.. go to bed early, wake up late, and go to bed late, wake up early(especially if you must fix breakfast, report to work, and take the kids to school).

5.      Call a dog a bad name and hang it; who doesn’t like to get rid of bad nonsense? Well, I do! This is our very existence-Seeing the bad in other people and analyzing them like we live in the same house as them. Often times, we are quick to pointing fingers and forget that when we are pointing one and a half fingers at someone, we have three pointing right back at us..In essence, if you must engage in name calling, make sure that there is no peace for the wicked.

2 comments:

  1. Madam the Aristotle,

    #enjoying this all the way#

    somehow one kind, we have similar trait and i love this the most "I want to believe that the phrase should be ‘the grass is always greener where you choose to water it. Simply put, I will expect as much as I must have invested into."This explains the life of Steve Jobs and in summary, this explains Robin Sharma plenty plenty grammar to snap workers out of their complacency and mediocre self.

    Will read your book, any day you decide hard cover *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could use you as my lawyer toh bad. Sure that we would work together any day, any time. Your dedication to reading this blog is just one of the many reasons, I have chosen to pursue this art unwavering. Bless you sweet girl

    ReplyDelete