Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Say H.E.L.L.O. TO 30!


If you are not 30 yet, don’t fret. Are you 30 and above? Now say A-L-O-H-A! Don’t believe what they say about turning 30! I am not an ageist. So, please before you judge me, at least read what I have to say. I know it is July, like it is the 7th month and not even the end of 2014 yet so why the fuss? It’s nothing much really, but I am just excited to know that next year, I will be turning the big 30. You know what they say when you’re a 3 decades old? Read to find out more…lol

At 30 I hear that you could fall in love, fall out of love and may be do it all over again. I also hear that you are the happiest when at 30 as this leaves you with  8 years or so to tell your periods to bugger off (at least for those of us that sweat it, I mean hate it to make light the word). I also hear that it’s at this age that your genes are being put to test.  Like the world wants to know if you really got those bods of yours from your mama *winks*.You begin to ask yourself a question that’s often rhetoric. For instance ‘Am I going to look like this for the rest of my life’? And if per chance, you don’t like what you’re seeing, you can begin to work on yourself by keeping fit (I am not an advocate of those superficial or cosmetic procedures, because I can’t guarantee how you’d look with those). For those that want to still have babies, I hear that you’re at your prime at 30, don’t mind all that they say about being 30+ and the difficulties with child bearing).

The most interesting news is that at age 30, a young woman is said to be fulfilled- Like her best days starts off at 30. She begins to think like a 45 year old.  She begins to picture what her life would look like going forward especially when she involves Her maker. She has the tendency to work smart. She just wants to live a guilt-free live. The type that when one tries to tell her otherwise, you could tell them to take a piss off!   She begins to spend quality time with those that matter; she tends to be more focused. Re-evaluate her 5-year or 10-year plan. She understands empowerment. She is committed to being relevant in her community. She understands what loyalty means- as in she knows when to be there for her real friends (Remember, the smaller the circle, the better). She Invests in Real Estate. She plans her will. She travels, spends and save what is left or vice versa. When all would be said and done, when she becomes dead and gone, her memories live on.

H.E.L.L.O. 30!

It’s a spanking new month! Happy 1st of July guys ):

3 comments:

  1. Gift dear. Juicy write-up u'v got there, but i sure aint looking forward to attaining age 30....@ least not so soon. *winks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet Baby Jesus! Feyi could this really be you writing me? I am really very glad you took time to read, and hope you found this piece quite insightful? You also said you are not 30 yet huh? well, give it 2 to 3 years and it will come right in your face... Hope you get to do all of the above and more while 30 still lurks ):Hope you get to come back soon else I will cry... Cheers!

      Delete
  2. Well am not 30 and it will still take a few years, but I can plan for the days before 3 so when am 30 I will scan through and say yes I think I have my 10 year plan mapped out like the law of the sea and one more thing it would be joy to tell my period to bugger off as I have greatly suffered at its hands.

    You see why i love reading your thoughts? Always original. And @ FeyI, welcome to spare me a pen. #giantgrin#

    ReplyDelete